Solar photovoltaics (PV) are one of the easiest and most accessible forms of renewable electricity generation that individual residents and businesses can install to reduce their environmental footprint, and in many cases save money, too! A little preliminary research can help determine how solar may be a good fit for you.
Solar Permitting and Guidelines
- City of Durango solar permit application
- Solar permitting and installation process checklist & flowchart
La Plata Electric Association (LPEA) has a number of important resources for installing solar in the Durango area.
- Assessing your home for solar
- Cost and financing considerations
- List of qualified solar installers
- Information on installation requirements
Additional Solar Resources
- Energy Sage consumer resources for solar
- Four Corners Office of Resource Efficiency (4CORE) solar demonstrations, workshops, and homes tours
- DSIRE database for solar programs and incentives (use the filter to search by city or zip to refine results)
The City of Durango is SolSmart Gold certified. The designation recognizes actions that the City has taken to make it cheaper and easier for residents and businesses to go solar. The SolSmart initiative is a national program funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. Find out more at SolSmart.