Durango Community Recreation Center
2700 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301
Additional facility information
The health and safety of the community is our top priority, and the City appreciates your patience and flexibility in the navigating the continued enjoyment of the Recreation Center. Guests are asked to abide by the guidelines below to keep the staff and the community safe and healthy to allow the facility to remain open.
Due to limited capacity, fitness equipment has been relocated to other spaces within the facility to safely accommodate as many people as possible with the required restrictions.
Childcare for patrons of the Recreation Center is unavailable at this time.
Have you signed up for CO Exposure Notifications? This free service can notify users of possible exposure to COVID-19. Opt in to receive these notifications on Android or Apple devices. Learn more at addyourphone.com
- Face coverings are mandatory throughout the facility, except while in the water
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Guests will be required to confirm their reservation with the front desk staff regarding their facility destination
- Use provided wipes to clean off equipment before and after use
- Limit workouts to 75 minutes to allow others to use the Recreation Center amenities
- Guests are encouraged to come dressed to workout
- Bring your own equipment - basketballs, volleyballs, pickleballs, etc. since checkout equipment will be unavailable
Modified Facility Hours:
- Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The Pool/Aquatics Area closes 30 minutes prior to Recreation Center closing time.
- CLOSED Sunday
- New Year's Eve: Open until 12 noon
- New Year's Day: Closed
- Easter: Closed
- Memorial Day: Open until 2 p.m. .
- Independence Day: Open until 2 p.m.
- Labor Day: Open until 2 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day: Closed
- Christmas Eve: Closed
- Christmas Day: Closed
ALL PASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
(Child 3 years and under FREE with paid adult)
- Youth, Age 4-17 $5.50
- Adult, Age 18-61 $7.00
- Senior, Age 62-89 $6.00
- 90 years and over are FREE
20 Punch Pass
- Youth Punch Pass $80
- Adult Punch Pass $120
- Senior Punch Pass $95
3 Month Pass
- Youth 3 Month Pass $110
- Adult 3 Month Pass $140
- Senior 3 Month Pass $115
6 Month Pass
- Youth 6 Month Pass $160
- Adult 6 Month Pass $220
- Senior 6 Month Pass $165
- Youth Annual Pass $255
- Adult Annual Pass $375
- Senior Annual Pass $260
Family Pass Price - Full Adult price for the first person and each additional person is 1/2 price. MAXIMUM OF 2 ADULTS PER HOUSEHOLD (One at full price, one at 1/2 price).
Durango Community Recreation Center Fitness
The Community Recreation Center presents a multitude of fitness opportunities. Take a look at our fitness aerobic classes, water aerobic classes, and other fitness programs sponsored by The Recreation Center. Also, check out our list of top notch personal trainers. The aerobics and indoor cycling studio features a suspension wood floor, mirrors, ballet bars, and is equipped with the most up to date fitness equipment.
The fitness area at the Community Recreation Center offers:
- An indoor track
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Selectorized or pin-loaded weight equipment
- Free weights
The gymnasium has two courts and is scheduled monthly.
Please see the front desk for updates.
The maple wood floor of the gymnasium is equipped for:
- Indoor soccer
- Other indoor activities
A gym curtain may be lowered to separate activities into two courts.
Basketball can be played on one official 50-foot-by-84-foot court or two 50-foot-by-74-foot courts. There are a total of six glass backboards, four may be adjusted in height between 8 feet to 10 feet. All backboards can be raised out of the way for other activities.
Drop In Guidelines
All scheduled drop-in sports are open to the general public with paid entry. There are no restrictions on who can play.
• Maintain 6 Foot Social Distancing
• Masks are required
• Wash hands frequently
• Come dressed to workout
- During drop-in play, the winning teams may stay in for two games and then must rotate out
- No full-court games allowed on Court 1 or Court 2 if other players are waiting during open gym
- The gym will be set up at scheduled times for schedule sports
- If there are problems or injury, please go to the front desk
- Only non-marking tennis shoes are allowed on the gym floor
The Racquetball courts can be used as part of the daily admission fee at no additional cost. Racquetball court reservations are $2 at the time of making the reservation and can be made up to 48 hours in advance.
Racquetball 10 Punch Cards Available
Punch cards are for those who reserve racquetball courts frequently, especially those who call in to make a reservation. 10 punch pass price is $12.
Racquetball Challenge Courts
Depending on interest level, one or both courts will be reserved on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm for drop-in singles and doubles challenge play. Winners stay on for a maximum of three games. Program price is included in admission to the Recreation Center. For more information, contact the Recreation Center at (970) 375-7300.
Free Racquetball Clinics
Join United State professional racquetball player and instructor Dena Morrissey who is available for instruction on how to play racquetball. Whether you are a beginner or have been playing for a while and would like some new insights on how to improve your game, Dena can help you!
- Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm (Please check the flyers or call the Recreation Center for the specific dates and activity.)
Private Racquetball Instruction
Personalized instruction is available. For more information or to schedule a lesson contact Dena Morrissey at (970) 385-1940 or Mike Morales at (970) 946-2962.
Are you looking for more places to play the exciting game of squash? In order to determine interest level, please email Kelli Jaycox at (970) 375-7305.
Community Art Display
The community wing of the Durango Community Recreation Center features monthly displays of local artwork. Artists of all mediums are invited to display their artwork in the community wing hallway, which is located in the eastern portion of the Recreation Center.
Each artist, whose application is accepted, will be invited to display their artwork for one month.
The Durango Community Recreation Center will not coordinate retail sales of artwork. Interested parties will be directed to contact the artist using the information provided on the artist's displayed biography and business cards.
If you have any questions regarding a possible display, type of artwork to be considered, or general information, please contact John Robinette at (970) 375-7323.
Due to COVID-19, the Climbing Wall is not currently open.
What is available at the Recreation Center?
- Administration offices will be open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fitness Area Including Free Weights, Cybex Machines and Cardio Equipment
- Indoor Track
- Assessment Room
- Gymnasium – Drop-in Activities
- Racquetball Courts
- Lap Pool – Lap Swim Only
- Leisure Pool – Lap Lanes and Current Channel - Adult Fitness Only
- Hot Tub
- Locker rooms, Showers, Restrooms
- Facility Rentals
What programs are available?
- Durango Swim Club
- Master Swim Program
- Fitness Classes and Personal Training – Modified Schedule and Location
- Water Fitness Classes – Modified Scheduled
- Fitness Area Including Free Weights, Cybex Machines and Cardio Equipment
What amenities are NOT available?
- Water Fountains- please bring your own water bottle
- Pool Equipment is unavailable, please bring your own
- Climbing Wall
Please be patient with Recreation Center staff as new procedures are implemented. For additional information, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Office or at (970) 375-7321.
Do you know an active Durango senior?
Watch our new video that showcases four of our most active seniors as they tell us why they love the Rec Center!