- Feature Links
- Hot Topics
5G/Small Cell Antenna Technology
The City of Durango has published a FAQ to help answer many of the questions that Durango residents have been asking about new cellular antennas that have been proposed.
2019-2020 City Council Goals
City Council adopted their 2019-2020 goals at the September 3, 2019 regular meeting.
Homelessness Strategic Planning
La Plata County and the City of Durango have co-funded an effort to develop a strategic plan to identify short-, mid-, and long-term strategies to reduce homelessness in La Plata County, with a focus on areas within and around the City of Durango.
City of Durango Street Department
- Get all the details about our Street Department, including capital improvement projects at DurangoGov.org/Streets
- Specifics about our paving program are also available online
- Facts about current fiscal situation in the General fund and how it relates to streets presented at the La Plata Forum (PDF)
- View the Street Pavement Condition Index (PDF)
Table of Comparable Cities
2019 Utility Rate Changes
- Click here to view a Summary Sheet of rate changes (PDF)
- Click her to view the Water / Sewer Capital Improvement Program Status Report (PDF)
Housing Plan Update
The Comprehensive Plan 2017 update
Get all the details at this link.
City of Durango Character Districts Initiative
Learn more about this exciting project by visiting the project website: Durango Districts
Animas River Water Quality
Mountain Studies Institute (MSI) has been monitoring the water quality of the Animas River since before, during, and after the Gold King Mine release. Under a partnership between MSI and the City of Durango, MSI will continue the monitoring program in 2016 in order to understand changes in water quality during storm events and spring runoff. Water Quality information for the Animas River is available by visiting the Mountain Studies Institute website.
Lake Nighthorse was constructed by the Bureau of Reclamation as part of the Animas La Plata (ALP) Project. The lake is full and the surface area is approximately 1,500 acres at maximum elevation and the reservoir area includes a total of approximately 5,500 acres. Lake Nighthorse is two miles from downtown Durango and provides a significant recreational amenity to the area. Find more information regarding Lake Nighthorse.
- Engineering Projects
- Multimodal Projects
- Parks and Recreations; and Natural Lands, Trails, and Sustainability Projects Projects
- Street Projects
- Planning Projects
- Organically Managed Lands
- Have you seen Ask Durango? Use this to report things like a pothole or street light issues or even to praise a City employee.
- Share your perspective with the City in various surveys posted to Virtual City Hall, the City’s online forum for civic engagement.
- Check out the City’s Notify Me feature that will send you emails related to topics of your choice.