Durango, CO: The City of Durango will be hosting a city-wide scavenger hunt starting Monday, May 22 at 8 a.m. through Friday May 26 at 5 p.m.
Five rocks will be hidden at different points of interest around the city, with one clue per rock location posted to one of our social media channels. If you find a rock, take a picture with it, and share it. Don’t forget to tag @CityofDurango and #CODhunt so we can let others know when a rock has been found.
Once found, rocks can be returned to City Hall at 949 East Second Avenue.
Prizes will be randomly selected and include a city swag bag, a three-month membership to the Rec Center, a Season pass to Lake Nighthorse, a Library gift bag, and a $20 pre-paid parking card.
The rules are:
- Rocks are only hidden on public property. Do not trespass when searching.
- All rocks have been hidden outside.
- Rocks will be in locations that are easy to access. No need to stomp through weeds/grass, climb on equipment or property, etc.
- One rock can be claimed per family.
Clues will be released each day at 8 a.m. and will be posted to:
- @CityofDurango on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- @GetAroundDurango on Facebook
- @DurangoParksandRec on Facebook and Instagram
- @DurangoPulicLibrary in Facebook and Instagram
Don’t have social media? After 9 a.m. clues can be picked up Durango Public Library at 1900 East Third Avenue or the Durango Recreation Center at 2700 Main Avenue.
Clues to a special silver rock will be sent out on Wednesday for National Scavenger Hunt Day.
To receive updated news from the city, sign up at Notify Me and select "City of Durango News Flash"
Public Information Officer
Phone: (970) 375-5090