Service updates due to winter weather:
• Both City Council meetings will be virtual-only (no in-person attendance). For more information: Home - OnBase Agenda Online (durangogov.org)
• The Recycle Center is closed until further notice. We appreciate the community's sustainability efforts, but please wait to drop off materials until the storm has passed.
• Trash/Recycling: 2 days late.
• Library: Expect a delayed opening.
• City Hall: Open
• River City Hall: Open.
• Recreation Center: Open
• Durango Transit loop routes are running behind due to weather, and the Main Avenue Trolley route is operating every 40 minutes.
• Normal operations continue at the Durango-La Plata County Airport. However, check with your airlines for delays or cancellations.
• SNOW ROUTES ARE IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
• More information about snow operations can be found at www.DurangoGov.org/snow
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but thank you for your understanding in this situation.
Now is the time to prepare for winter by familiarizing yourself with City snow routes and by signing up for City alerts.
Do you park on a snow route? Visit www.durangogov.org/snow to view a map of Snow Routes, or type in your address into the interactive web map to see if your address is along a snow route.
There is NO PARKING on designated snow routes whenever snow accumulates more than 2 inches on the roadway; any vehicle parked on a designated snow route may be removed from the roadway. The fine for failing to move a vehicle from a snow route is $25 - $50 plus towing and storage charges.
By removing vehicles from snow routes, citizens enable plows to quickly and efficiently make arterial streets passable.
Citizens who will be travelling out of town for extended periods of time are encouraged to utilize off-street parking in lieu of leaving cars parked on the street.
To sign up for alerts from the City, visit www.durangogov.org/notifyme. At this location, you can sign up for city alerts and subscribe to the city’s news flash, two good sources of information have during the winter season.For more information, please visit www.durangogov.org/snow.
Director, Media and Community Engagement
Phone: (970) 375-5090