The public is invited to submit nominations for the 2022 Design and Development Awards. The city started the program in 1983 to emphasize how good design and development adds housing units, enhances quality of life, creates a sense of place, and increases community resiliency and sustainability.
“This is an exciting program that highlights and encourages innovative design and development. These projects enhance public realm and build community,” said City Planner Savannah Lytle.
Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:
- Outstanding Mural
- Outstanding Commercial Outdoor Patio
- Outstanding Sign
- Outstanding Commercial/Mixed-Use Development
- Outstanding Historic Preservation Project
- Outstanding Housing Development
- Outstanding Sustainability Project
- Outstanding Community Benefit
- Outstanding Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
- Outstanding Infill Design, New Build or Addition
- Outstanding Micro or Tiny Home
- Outstanding Landscape Design
Submit nominations by February 1 at DurangoGov.org/DevAwards. Nominations will be presented to the City of Durango Boards and Commissions. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on April 13, 2023 from 5 p.m.to 6:30 p.m.
Director, Media and Community Engagement
Phone: (970) 375-5090