The City of Durango announces the following street closures and parking restrictions for the Snowdown Parade on Friday, Jan. 28:
- 5th Street from Main Avenue to Park Elementary School will be closed starting at 1:30 p.m.
- Traffic will not be permitted along the parade route on Main Avenue, from 5th to 14th streets, beginning at 2:30 p.m.
- All vehicles parked in private lots adjacent to street closures should leave before 2:30 p.m.
- College Drive will remain open to through-traffic only (no turns onto Main Avenue will be allowed) until 5 p.m.
- Parking WILL NOT be permitted in any private lots, including the Town Plaza Parking lot and the Albertson's Parking lot.
- Be mindful of “No Parking” signs on parking meters. No Parking signage goes up before the roads close. Vehicles inside the closure areas at the time of the parking closure will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
- Parking for the Parade is available at the La Plata County Fairgrounds. A free shuttle will run from 4 to 9 p.m. between the Fairgrounds and the Transit Center.
The Main Avenue Trolley and all Durango Transit loop routes will be free of charge Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, and Saturday, Jan. 29, 2022, thanks to a Ride Responsible sponsorship. For more information, visit DurangoGov.org/transit.
For questions and concerns, please contact Ellen Babers, Community Events Supervisor, at (970) 375-7325 or Ellen.Babers@durangogov.org