The following is the schedule of city closings for the New Years holiday:
- City administrative offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 31. This includes City Hall, River City Hall, Police Station and Substation, Transit Center, Greenmount Cemetery and Parks and Recreation administrative offices.
- The Recreation Center will be open Dec. 31 from 5:45 a.m. to noon (the aquatics areas will close at 11:30 a.m.) The Recreation Center will be closed Saturday, Jan. 1
- Chapman Hill Ice Rink will be open for public skate Dec. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 4 p.m. The rink will be closed on Jan. 1. Go to DurangoGov.org/ChapmanHill to view schedules and fees.
- Chapman Ski Hill will be open Dec. 31 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will be closed Jan. 1.
- Durango Gymnastics will be closed for classes and gym rentals through Jan. 2. Classes resume Jan. 3.
- Durango Public Library will be closed Jan. 1
- The Durango-La Plata County Airport will be open with regularly scheduled commercial service Jan. 1. Travelers are encouraged to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure. Airport administrative offices will be closed Dec. 31
- Durango Transit will not operate on Jan. 1. The Transit Center will also be closed.
- All commercial and residential trash and recycling routes will run as scheduled Monday through Friday.
- Parking at meters downtown will be free on Dec. 31. Please note: There is no on-street parking in the downtown area 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. any time. Vehicles parked on downtown streets during these hours may be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense. Free overnight parking is available in City lots. Vehicles must be moved by 7 a.m.