The Durango Public Library building is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Curbside pick-up will be available for those who need it from 9 to 10 a.m.
Facilities staff will thoroughly clean and disinfect the building and equipment in the evenings to prepare for the following day.
“We are excited to reopen our doors to our community,” Library Director Sandy Irwin said. “Our customers have missed being able to access to the library, and we are looking forward to providing our essential services once again.”
Library staff will be available to assist customers when six feet of social distance can be maintained. Here are precautionary rules and restrictions patrons can expect when they return to the library:
- Masks are required in the state of Colorado. Patrons who do not have a mask will be provided one when they arrive. Individuals who cannot wear masks may use the library’s curbside service.
- Patrons are asked to keep their visits as brief as possible.
- Capacity limits will be enforced in the overall building and Children’s Room. When capacity is reached, patrons will need to wait outside the building and, if needed, outside of the Children’s Room until others are ready to leave.
- The library cannot accommodate groups. Only an individual or a family/household can enter.
- Social distancing is required. Please follow the arrows on the floors for browsing the collections and stay at least six feet from others.
- Computer use is limited to two sessions per day per person. Computers are available on a first-come first-served basis. Patrons who want to make a same-day reservation must come into the library and use the reservation station.
- Patrons are asked to not disinfect the library’s computer equipment with their own materials; some equipment can be easily damaged. Please see staff for assistance with disinfection.
- Only one person may access the self-service hold shelf area at a time.
- Program room rentals, study rooms and drinking fountains will not be available.
Library staff are looking forward to welcoming the community back into the building. For more information, visit DurangoGov.org/Library or call (970) 375-3380.