The Durango Public Library building will open with limited hours beginning October 13. The building will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Curbside Pick-Up will continue with new hours, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Facilities staff will thoroughly clean and disinfect the building and equipment per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention after closing to prepare for the following day.
The Library will operate as a self-service model. Library staff will be available to assist customers when six feet of social distance can be maintained. Here are precautionary rules and restrictions patrons can expect when they return to the Library:
- Masks are required per order from the State of Colorado. Patrons who do not have a mask will be provided one when they arrive. Individuals who cannot wear masks may use the Library’s curbside service.
- Patrons are asked to keep visits as brief as possible.
- Capacity limits will be enforced in the overall building and Children’s Room. When capacity is reached, patrons will need to wait outside the building and, if needed, outside of the Children’s Room until others are ready to leave following their brief visits.
- The Library cannot accommodate groups. Only an individual or a family/household can enter.
- Social distancing is required. Please follow the arrows on the floors for browsing the collections and stay at least six feet from others.
- Computer use is limited to one session per day, and computers are available on a first-come first-served basis. Patrons who want to make a same-day reservation must come into the Library and use the reservation station. Some computers will not be available. Adults and teens will need to utilize computers on the second floor.
- Patrons are asked to not disinfect the Library’s computer equipment with their own materials; some equipment can be easily damaged. Please see staff for assistance with disinfection.
- Only one person may access the self-service hold shelf area at a time.
- Program room rentals, study rooms and drinking fountains will not be available.
- All items must be returned via the manual material returns in the lobby or at the drive-up so materials can be quarantined upon return.
The Durango Public Library staff is looking forward to welcoming the community back into the building. For more information, visit DurangoGov.org/Library or call (970) 375-3380.