The Durango Fire Protection District and Durango Parks and Recreation are partnering to offer free community education classes at the Durango Community Recreation Center. The classes aim to provide local residents knowledge and skills for safe practices during outdoor adventures or at home. Classes will be offered Wednesday evenings, starting October 7. The schedule is as follows:
- Dangerous Venomous Critters - October 7 from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Basic First Aid- October 21 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Smoking & Vaping: The Real Deal- November 4 from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Basic First Aid - November 18 from 4:30 – 6:30pm
- House Fires: The Risks & Causes - December 2 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Classes are limited to 20 participants to allow for social distancing. Masks will be required, and participants may be asked to assist with disinfection practices.
To sign up, contact Tosh Black with Durango Fire Protection District at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 382-6014. Questions can also be directed to Ann Camp with Durango Parks and Recreation at Ann.Camp@DurangoGov.org or ( 970) 375-7313.