The Durango Public Library and the Early Childhood Council of La Plata County will host a series of free monthly drop-in workshops for parents and their preschool-age children starting January 15. The Play & Learn Workshops will focus on key areas of kindergarten readiness with activities supporting growth in early literacy, math, motor and social/emotional skills in children ages three to five.
Workshops will begin at 10:30 a.m. in the Storytime Room at the Library, 1900 E 3rd Avenue. Registration is not required, and participants do not have to attend all workshops. Workshop dates and themes are as follows:
- January 15 – Way with Words: Language
- February 19 – Break the Code: Early Literacy
- March 24 – One, Two Buckle My Shoe: Early Math
- April 15 – More Than Scribbles: Early Writing
- May 20 – You & Me Are Friends: Social Emotional Development
- June 17 – Things I Can Do All By Myself: Self Help & Motor Skills
Funding for the Play & Learn Workshops is provided by The Ballantine Family Fund in support of kindergarten readiness. All Library programs are free and open to the public. Visit Durangogov.org/Library to see upcoming programs and events or call (970) 375-3380 for more information.