COVID-19 Job Site Safety
Construction projects and companies in their supply chain are NOT EXEMPT from social distancing requirements. Construction may continue under Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order as long as social distancing requirements are followed on construction work sites. Please reference the following documents regarding social distancing and hygiene protocols:
- Colorado Association of Home Builders COVID-19 Job Site Safety
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Construction Guidance
In response to the Coronavirus emergency, physical visits to the Community Development office at River City Hall are being suspended until at least Monday, May 11th. We will continue accepting and processing applications for permits and development approvals, but all application submittals must be done digitally. If you have a project or permit currently in process, you may continue corresponding with the staff member you’ve been working with via e-mail.
If you have a new inquiry, please use the following resources:
- FOR GENERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INQUIRIES: Contact Annie Chacon at email@example.com or (970) 375-4850.
- FOR BUILDING PERMIT INQUIRIES, INCLUDING APPLICATIONS AND INSPECTIONS: Contact Jackie Cox at Jaclyn.firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 375-4850.
- FOR ENGINEERING INQUIRIES, INCLUDING EXCAVATION PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS OF PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS/UTILITIES: Contact Heather Wachter at email@example.com or (970) 375-4850.
- FOR PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW INQUIRIES: Contact Scott Shine at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 375-4850.
- FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Contact Steve Barkley at email@example.com or (970) 375-4850.
Applications shall be submitted to staff digitally. If paper plans are required by the City, or to drop off mylars, etc., there is a drop-box located at the front door of River City Hall. Please call the main line at (970) 375-4850 before dropping off anything in that box. Payments for applications and permits will be accepted over the phone by calling the main line (970) 375-4850. Physical payments will also be accepted at City drop-box locations conveniently located at City Hall (949 E. 2nd Avenue), the Post Office (222 W. 8th Street), and Durango Public Library (1900 E. 3rd Avenue), and should be addressed to the Community Development Department and include a detailed description of the project. All approved permits will be emailed to customers.
All building and engineering inspections are continuing as usual by appointment only. For a building inspection, please call (970) 375-4865. For an engineering inspection, please call (970) 375-4850.
The City appreciates your cooperation and patience during this difficult time.
The Community Development Department provides planning, business development, building, engineering, sustainability, code enforcement, and parking services in a professional and friendly manner to enhance and protect the quality of life, sense of community, well-being and prosperity of the city’s residents, businesses and visitors.
What’s new around Durango?
5G/Small Cell Antenna Technology
The City of Durango has published a FAQ to help answer many of the questions that Durango residents have been asking about new cellular antennas that have been proposed.