Community Relations Commission
The purpose of the Community Relations Commission is to promote respect and acceptance for diversity within the City.
- CRC Brochure and Comment Form (PDF)
- Submit a comment electronically to the CRC
- CRC Indigenous People’s Day Resolution (PDF)
- CRC Civility First Durango Pledge Resolution (PDF)
POSTPONED - Second CRC Listening Session Scheduled for April 9 to be rescheduled.
Due to COVID-19 situation the Community Relations Commission (CRC) second listening session which was to be held at the Durango Recreation Center on Thursday, April 9 from 5: 30 to 7:00 p.m. will be rescheduled when a time and date can be established.
Additional Listening Session are planned for July 16 and October 15 (times and locations to be determined).
If you would like to provide feedback or share an experience but cannot attend a session, you may submit a comment to the CRC online. For more information about the Listening Sessions, contact Suzanne Sitter at (970) 375-5017 or email@example.com.
Take the Civility First Durango Pledge!
The volunteer Pledge Program encourages civility and respect among all residents and visitors.
Take the Civility First Durango Pledge.
View a video of the Community Relation Commission’s presentation to City Council at the May 7, 2019 meeting.
See suggested Civility themed books prepared by the Durango Public Library.
See the list of businesses and organizations that have taken the Pledge.
Civility First Durango Newsletter
Community Relations Commission at a glance
|Established by||Resolution R-2012-26 (PDF)|
|Number on Board||Five|
|Length of Term||Three years|
|Regular Meeting Time||Fourth Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm|
|Regular Meeting Location||City Manager’s Conference Room|
|Robin Baker||Feb. 2020||Jan. 2021||1|
|Tirzah Camacho||Sept. 2019||Jan. 2022||1|
|Martha Flores||March 2018||Jan. 2021||1|
|Olivia Lopez-DePablo||Feb. 2020||Jan. 2022||1|
|Lexie Stetson-Lee, Chair||March 2018||Jan. 2021||2|
|Amber Blake, Interim City Manager||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Suzanne Sitter, Staff Liaison||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Community Relations Commission 2018 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2017 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2013 Annual Report (PDF)
Community Relations Commission Focus Group Meetings
Please review our documented results to survey questions and comments at different events in the Durango community.
- Youth Expo 2018 (PDF)
- Farmer’s Market 2017 (PDF)
- Cities and Towns Week Survey 2017 (PDF)
- Pride Fest 2017 Survey 1 (PDF) | Survey 2 (PDF)
- Pride Fest 2016 (PDF)
- Diversity Dialogue Reflections 2016 (PDF)
- Taste of Durango 2016 (PDF)
- Durango Farmer’s Market Survey 2015 (PDF)
- MYAC Youth Expo 2015 (PDF)
- Taste of Durango 2015 (PDF)
- "Diversity Dialogue" 2015 (PDF)
- 4C Glad Pridefest (PDF)
- Four Corners Health Care Center (PDF)
- Taste of Durango 2014 (PDF)
- "Diversity Dialogue 2014 (PDF)
- Southwest Center for Independence (PDF)
- Coldwell Banker Heritage House (PDF)
- Durango Education Center (PDF)