Community Relations Commission
The purpose of the Community Relations Commission is to promote respect and acceptance for diversity within the City.
- CRC Brochure and Comment Form (PDF)
- Submit a comment electronically to the CRC
- CRC Indigenous People's Day Resolution (PDF)
- CRC Civility First Durango Pledge Resolution (PDF)
Share Your Feedback: Attend a Listening Session
The Community Relations Commission (CRC) invites the public to attend listening sessions beginning Thursday, January 16 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at City Hall, 949 E. 2nd Ave. The goal is to gather community input, stories and reflections about sensitive topics with a specific focus on diversity and discrimination. All voices are welcome. Additional sessions are scheduled for April 16, July 16 and October 15 at various locations. Learn more here.
Take the Civility First Durango Pledge!
The volunteer Pledge Program encourages civility and respect among all residents and visitors.
Take the Civility First Durango Pledge.
View a video of the Community Relation Commission's presentation to City Council at the May 7, 2019 meeting.
See suggested Civility themed books prepared by the Durango Public Library.
See the list of businesses and organizations that have taken the Pledge.
Civility First Durango Newsletter
Community Relations Commission at a glance
|Established by||Resolution R-2012-26 (PDF)|
|Number on Board||Five|
|Length of Term||Three years|
|Regular Meeting Time||Fourth Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm|
|Regular Meeting Location||City Manager's Conference Room|
|City of Durango Staff||n/a||n/a|
|Suzanne Sitter, Staff||n/a||n/a|
- Community Relations Commission 2018 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2017 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Community Relations Commission 2013 Annual Report (PDF)
Community Relations Commission Focus Group Meetings
Please review our documented results to survey questions and comments at different events in the Durango community.
- Youth Expo 2018 (PDF)
- Farmer's Market 2017 (PDF)
- Cities and Towns Week Survey 2017 (PDF)
- Pride Fest 2017 Survey 1 (PDF) | Survey 2 (PDF)
- Pride Fest 2016 (PDF)
- Diversity Dialogue Reflections 2016 (PDF)
- Taste of Durango 2016 (PDF)
- Durango Farmer's Market Survey 2015 (PDF)
- MYAC Youth Expo 2015 (PDF)
- Taste of Durango 2015 (PDF)
- "Diversity Dialogue" 2015 (PDF)
- 4C Glad Pridefest (PDF)
- Four Corners Health Care Center (PDF)
- Taste of Durango 2014 (PDF)
- "Diversity Dialogue 2014 (PDF)
- Southwest Center for Independence (PDF)
- Coldwell Banker Heritage House (PDF)
- Durango Education Center (PDF)