- Feature Links
- Web Policies
City of Durango Website Policies
Thank you for visiting the official City of Durango website and reviewing our policies.
Google Translate Feature Disclaimer
Translation of pages on DurangoGov.org is performed by Google Translate, a third party service which the City of Durango has no control over. The service provides automated computer translations that are only an approximation of the websites' original content. The translations should not be considered exact and only used as a rough guide. The City of Durango does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system and will not accept liability for loss incurred as a result. Some website features, files, or items cannot be translated including graphics, photos, or PDFs . In addition, some applications and/or services may not work as expected when translated. Please click the following link if you have any questions about Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/support/
- completing a voluntary online form,
- sending us an email,
- registering for a subscription, or
- performing a service transaction using an assigned user ID and password. If you submit your resume through our website, we use your personal information only in considering your application for employment.
We do not collect or use information for commercial marketing.
The City considers any information received and available through our website as if it were supplied in writing or through an in-person visit to our offices, and may constitute a public record subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act, Colorado Revised Statutes §24-72-101 et seq., or retention as established by the City of Durango's Retention Schedule.
The term "public record" includes any information relating to the conduct of public business prepared, owned, used, or retained by the City of Durango regardless of physical form or characteristics.
We protect against disclosure of all information declared by law to be confidential. This includes:
- Personal medical records
- Criminal history records
- Gross revenue data submitted by our sales tax licensees
- Communications between citizens and law offices
- E-mail messages sent to any City of Durango address will be treated the same as any other written communication, and may be subject to public review.
- E-mail addresses obtained as a result of a request to a City website shall not be sold or distributed to private companies.
Links provide a means to expand the City of Durango web site into a more comprehensive and integrated service-oriented site. Linking allows for the decentralized management of related information. Links may be implemented to connect site visitors to information that has a relevant relationship to the City, its services, or a community interest. City web site links shall not be used to promote or endorse any commercial endeavor unless specifically approved by the City Manager's office. Link guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- The linked web site must contribute to the quality of life and further the positive image of the City of Durango.
- The web site sponsor must be a locally recognized group or organization that promotes public health, public safety, public welfare, civic, cultural, or charitable ideals and activities.
- Links are permitted to United States or State of Colorado governmental agency web sites, as well as other web sites maintained by or on behalf of national, state, regional or local governmental or public educational agencies.
- If a web site or the web site's sponsor is substantially engaged in commercial, political, religious, or unlawful activities, the City of Durango will not permit links to such web site.
- Exceptions to Guideline #4 may be made if and when the City of Durango enters into a public/private partnership agreement with private entities to host, market, conduct, and/or manage major regional, statewide, or national events within the City of Durango.
- Exceptions to Guideline #4 may also be made to provide a public service to the community with regard to emergency information, to provide links to public and private utility service companies, and provide links to web sites that contain pertinent life-sustaining, public safety, and public health information.
- The City of Durango may refuse to publish links to any web site at the sole discretion of the City Manager or a designee.
In order to maintain a high standard, the following are prohibited.
- Use of the system for commercial or personal gain.
- Attempts to use, reproduce or distribute material in violation of copyright law or applicable provisions of use or license agreements.
- Attempts to degrade, disrupt or vandalize equipment.
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to restricted information, networks or other user accounts or files.
- Publishing libelous views or opinions.
- Display of pornographic or sexually explicit material, or linking to any such material.
- Posting of material that discriminates or encourages discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
Professional photographs displayed on the DurangoGov.org website are copyrighted by the photographer. Photos may not be sold or used in any way other than as displayed on DurangoGov.org.
Maps and information provided by the City of Durango Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Division is provided as a public service for non-commercial use. All information is provided "As-Is" without warranty of any kind. Data is updated regularly in an attempt to provide the most accurate information possible. Information is derived from several sources and due to reasons outside of our control, may or may not be complete or current. Such information is intended for reference only, and it is the responsibility of the user to confirm any discrepancies in the data. Neither the City of Durango nor its information provider warrants the accuracy of the information, data or maps. By accessing and using this website for GIS information, data or maps your affirm your acceptance of the above terms and conditions.