Utility Billing


The City of Durango provides water, sewer, trash and recycling services within the City's service area.


  • In the case of divorce, death in the family, etc. - Complete a Utility Ownership/Address Change form (pdf) and provide some written proof of ownership or legal right to the property.
  • Home Builders - If you are building a new home with City of Durango utility service, please contact the Utilities Department, Phone: (970) 375-4801.
  • Property Owners - If you are purchasing or selling an existing residence with City of Durango utility service and using a local title company, the title company will process the ownership change and final payment of bill at the closing.
  • Tenants - The property owner must fill out an Owner Release for Utilities form (pdf) to have the utility billing placed in your name.