Sales, Use & Lodgers Tax

The City of Durango is now processing all online Sales, Use & Lodgers Tax Return payments through MUNIRevs and no longer through Citizen Access. New Users will need to Register in MUNIRevs to manage your municipal taxes and licensing.

  1. Online payment
  2. Tax rate
  3. Reporting
  4. COVID-19 sales tax deferral
  5. City Code

MuniRevs Licensing and Sales Tax FAQ's

  • My business is making retail sales.  Do I need a City of Durango license?
    1. If your business is making sales (in person or sales delivered by common carrier) you would need a license in place to remit sales tax.  Licensing is required for professional services occurring in Durango city limits as well.
  • What types of payment can be made in MuniRevs?
    1. Credit, Debit, E Check
  • What if MuniRevs says my business doesn’t exist or have link up information?
    1. Your business did not have a current license so you would need to apply for a new license in MuniRevs.
  • How do I amend a sales tax return?
    1. Provide a copy of the original return then fill out and highlight on a second copy the amendments being made. Notate it as “Amended” at the top and mail both forms in.
  • What if my filing frequency changed?
    1. Contact the City of Durango at 970-375-5033 and we can update it if appropriate.

Lodgers' tax increase

After the approval of ballot question 1-A presented to voters April 6, 2021, the city is authorized to increase the city lodgers' tax rate from 2.0% to 5.25%

After the adoption of the ordinance amending pertinent sections of Chapter 23 of the Code of Ordinances an effective date for the increase is June 1, 2021.