Residential Garbage Collection
Garbage Collection Route Map
View the garbage collection map for your neighborhood.
Garbage Collection Guidelines
- Set your garbage container out for collection by 8:00 am on your collection day, but no earlier than 6:00 am the morning of collection. If your garbage container is not out by 8:00 am, crews will not be able to empty your trash. If you missed your regular garbage collection day, you can request a special pick up by calling 375-5004.
- Allow 4 feet of clearance on all sides of your garbage container. Obstructions such as cars, fences, poles, overflow trash, recycling containers, and other items can prevent the automated trucks from emptying your container.
- Set your garbage container in the street with the wheels against the curb and the front facing the street. The automated trucks cannot service containers that are set out backwards.
- Be sure to bag and secure your trash prior to placing it in the container.
- Unlock your wildlife-resistant container the morning of collection.
- Keep the lid on your garbage container closed. Lids that won't close will be subject to overfilled charge of $12.14 per can.
- Do not overfill your garbage container. Your garbage container should be loose enough to come out when tipped during servicing. Tightly compacted bags or trash inside the barrel may not come out when serviced.
- Remember trash containers must be removed from the public right-of-way by 8 pm on the day of collection. Please return your trash can to your property on non-collection days and store it out of public view.
- Explore other options before you throw items in your garbage container. Sign up for the City's curbside recycling program to help reduce the amount of garbage you create. Discard your tree limbs, branches, wood boards, and other odds and ends during the City's spring clean up and fall clean up. Recycle your old electronic products including TVs, computer monitors, and CPUs at 710 Tech Center Dr. every Saturday. Responsibly dispose of your household hazardous waste at the City's household hazardous waste event.