Thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Library, we are proud to introduce the latest provider of media to our collection of digital materials - Hoopla.
Now, in addition to the 9,500 ebooks and eaudiobooks our patrons have enjoyed from Overdrive, Durango Public Library has added more than 1 MILLION TITLES for stream/download through Hoopla. From movies, music and television shows to magazines, graphic novels, comic books and the Great Courses series (as well as more ebooks & eaudiobooks), our Hoopla collection will provide endless entertainment on your phone, tablet, desktop or smart television.
For those looking to access academic- or research-oriented materials, please visit our online databases page.
Getting Started With Hoopla
On your smartphone, tablet or smart TV:
- Search for Hoopla Digital in your app store and download to your device.
- Sign up for an account. If your email address has already been used to sign up for a Hoopla account with a different library, you'll need to either register with a different email address OR logout of your existing library and log in with Durango Public Library.
- Stream or download your checkouts within the app.
On your desktop/laptop:
- Register for a Hoopla account.
- Checked out materials can only be streamed on desktops and laptops - not downloaded. Ebooks and eaudiobooks will open in the browser.
- Check-outs are limited to 5 items per library card per calendar month.
- Checkout periods:
Movies & Television Shows: 3 days
Music & Magazines: 7 days
Ebooks, Eaudiobooks, Comics/Graphic Novels: 21 days
- Items can be renewed, but a renewal counts as one of your 5 monthly checkouts.
- If you already use Hoopla with a different library, you can switch between library accounts under Settings > Library Settings. Materials checked out from Library A will still be available for you in the app when you are logged into Library B's account.
Getting Started With Libby, by Overdrive
On your smartphone or tablet:
- Search for Libby, by Overdrive in your app store and download to your device.
- Allow the app to find Durango Public Library based on location (or manually search for it by library name or zip code) and sign in with your Durango Public Library card number.
- Download your ebooks and eaudiobooks within the Libby app (recommended method) or the Kindle app.
- The Libby app is not available for Kindle Fire from the Amazon App Store. Kindle Fire users can either download the Libby app directly from Overdrive, use the Overdrive app from the Amazon App Store or download checkouts in Kindle format.
On your desktop/laptop:
- Sign in with your Durango Public Library card number on our Overdrive home page.
- Read or listen to your ebooks and eaudiobooks in the browser.
Libby, by Overdrive FAQs
- Patrons can have up to 10 items checked out at a time.
- The default checkout period is 14 days (which can be adjusted in user settings).
- Most materials can only be checked out by one user at a time. If you place a hold on an item, you will receive an email when it's available for you. You have 3 days to check out the item once it's available before the hold is cancelled.
- You can stack multiple library accounts in the Libby app. For example, if you have a library card with Denver Public Library in addition to your Durango card, simply add Denver Public Library to the app, enter your Denver Public Library card information and browse & checkout from that collection, as well. Downloaded items from multiple libraries are available simultaneously within the app.