Design Review Board
The Design Review Board (hereinafter DRB) was formed for purposes of improving and enhancing the overall appearance and character of the City. DRB serves as a referral body and an appellate body with respect to the application of adopted design guidelines within the City. If you have a question or a comment for this board, please fill out this form.
At a Glance
|Established by||6-2-3-4 Land Use and Development Code|
|Number on Board||Five|
|Length of Term||Three years|
|City Council Liaison||None|
|Savannah Lytle||Planner II|
|Regular Meeting Time||Second Wednesday of every month at 4:00 pm|
|Regular Meeting Location||City Hall in Smith Chambers|
The City Council intends for the selection of members to create a Board with the experience and expertise to evaluate design from multiple perspectives. The City will make its best good-faith effort to ensure that the regular members of the DRB include:
a. Three members who are trained in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, urban design or urban planning; and
b. Two members who offer a range of experience and/or expertise that will contribute to informed decision making. Powers
- To hear and decide applications for alternative compliance review (see Division 3-1-5, Alternative Compliance) that are referred to it by the Planning staff.
- To hear and decide appeals from decisions of the Planning staff with respect to any of the standards of Article 3-1, Established Neighborhoods.
- To hear and decide applications for a Certificate of Design Compliance (see Division 3-4-2, Downtown Historic District Standards) that are referred to it by the Planning staff.
- To hear and decide appeals from decisions of the Planning staff to deny or condition approval of a Certificate of Design Compliance.
- To hear and decide applications for development approval which apply Division 3-4-3, Multifamily Design Standards, or Division 3-4-4, Commercial and Mixed-Use Design Standards, when such applications are referred to it by the Planning staff.
- To hear and decide appeals from decisions of the Planning staff to deny an application for development approval based on its failure to comply with Division 3-4-3, Multifamily Design Standards, or Division 3-4-4, Commercial and Mixed-Use Design Standards.
- To hear and decide appeals from decisions of the Planning staff to deny a sign permit.
|Tom Caver||Feb. 2018||May 2024|
|Emily Chastain||Feb. 2019||Jan. 2023|
|Rick Feeney, Chair||Feb. 2018||May 2024|
|Connie Gordon||Feb. 2020||Jan. 2023|
|Blake Fredrickson, Alternate||June 2021||May 2024|
|Carolyn Hunter||Feb. 2019||Jan. 2022|
|Brian Huff, Alternate||June 2021||May 2023|
|Savannah Lytle, Staff Liaison||N/A||N/A|