All TV manufacturers differ, so menu options or wording may vary. The best way to complete the channel scan is to refer to your TV owner's manual. If that is unavailable, the following general steps should guide you through the process.
Be sure your antenna is plugged into the ANT Input on the back of your TV. An outside antenna works best for reception. If that is not possible, place your antenna near a window.
2. Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option. Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.
3. Locate the Channels or Tuner Set Up option.
4. Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type, followed by either Antenna or Cable.
5. Make sure the designated setting is Antenna.
6. From the menu, choose Channel Scan (based on manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Search or Autoprogram.)
7. Allow the TV to complete the search. You will see a listing of how many channels have been found. This process may take several minutes.
8. Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press exit or quit.
9. Tune to channel 10.1 to watch Durango Government Television, or channel 10.2 to watch 9News. There are numerous other channels that you can now watch for free as well!