- Business at DRO
- Hangar Information / Leases
Hangar Information / Leases
New hangar information at DRO
We are pleased to share one flyer regarding new private hangar development at DRO:
You may also contact DRO Administration at airport@DurangoGov.org with questions.
All hangars are privately owned and maintained improvements with an underlying airport ground lease. The airport is not responsible for brokering real estate transactions involving aircraft hangars. However, to administer the applicable ground lease, airport administration must be notified in advance of all hangar sales/subleases.
- In the event that the lessee to the airport ground lease is anticipated to change, a lease assignment must be approved by the airport prior to closing.
- Subleases require written authorization from the airport to ensure lease compliance and insurance coverage.
If you have a hangar available for sale or to sublease, or if you wish to find out whether there are any hangars available for purchase or sublease at DRO, you are invited to enter that information to the following spreadsheet:
- Only share information you are comfortable with being available to the public.
- Participation on this list is optional, and the list may not reflect complete hangar availability.
UNESCORTED ACCESS to airport grounds is not allowed unless you have a current General Access (GA) Badge. Please ensure that you renew your badge BEFORE it expires. Application forms are available in the Administration Office at the main terminal, and at ARFF (970-759-4342). Please go to our Security Badge page.
Airports are required to keep an updated list of all hangar owners and tenants, including their aircraft information. Please notify Airport Administration immediately of any changes at your hangar.
- Hangar owners must contact Airport Administration when selling or subleasing a hangar, to complete paperwork for us, (970) 382-6051.
Please ensure that your liability insurance on your hangar is kept up-to-date, and that a copy of the current certificate is sent to Airport Administration each year when the policy is renewed.
- This insurance must include fire coverage. Please refer to your hangar lease for more information.
- The City of Durango and La Plata County jointly own the airport and grounds. As such, both entities must be listed as "additional insureds" on your hangar policy. You may have your insurance agent contact Airport Administration at (970) 382-6051 for more information.
Hangar owners are responsible for some of the maintenance around their property. Please refer to your lease agreement, or contact us if you notice any areas which need some attention. We’ll be happy to help determine how they should be addressed.
Airport Rescue Fire Fighters/ Security: (970) 759-4342
AvFlight: (970) 259-7400 / 259-6443
1000 Airport Road Durango, CO 81303
Submit the appropriate form when a change occurs at your hangar:
Change of contact information (PDF)