Drones / UAS
Operating Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) or Drones near the Durango – La Plata County Airport (DRO)
The Durango – La Plata County Airport (DRO) is located in the southwestern corner of Colorado where operations of commercial aircraft occur daily between 5:00am and 12:00am (midnight). In addition to commercial aircraft, many general aviation, medevac, military, and other aircraft operate at DRO. Airspace around DRO is an active environment and precautions must be taken.
It is prohibited to fly a UAS/Drone within five nautical miles of the Airport without approval from the Airport Operations Manager.
For all comments, concerns, or requests about flying a UAS/Drone near DRO, contact the Airport Operations Manager. All operators requesting to fly a UAS/Drone within five nautical miles of the Airport must provide the following information:
1. Date, time and planned duration of activity.
2. Geographic location of the operating area (address or latitude/longitude).
3. Altitude at which the operations will be conducted (not to exceed 400 feet AGL).
4. What type of flying activity will you be doing?
5. The number of aircraft and a basic description of the aircraft.
6. An onsite contact name and phone number for any required communications.
Airport Operations Manager
Email Oren Fallon
Additional Resources and References about operating UAS/Drones: