Technology innovation is an essential investment that offers tools for increasing city productivity, improving decision-making with more complete and timely information, and addressing new approaches to service delivery.
City staff must have access to reliable, accurate and secure information to perform government services and functions. Technical standards and policies, a reliable IT infrastructure, and securing of corporate data and information are key to a successful city technical environment.
How We Use Information
The City's Information Systems (IS) Division will use information technology to:
- Enable employees to provide quality services to our citizens and businesses
- Deliver information and services to citizens at work, at home, and in the community
- Increase the productivity of government and citizens
- Partner with appropriate government entities, non-profit organizations and private firms in providing the most effective and efficient delivery of City government information services
Essential services that IS provides are:
- Networking services for all city offices
- Application development and support
- Website, Internet, intranet development and support